The hours are 7AM to 7PM, 7 days a week. In order to facilitate a more rigorous maintenance program, lap swimming now starts when the pool opens at 7 AM.
MARINERS COVE ASSOCIATION
Commonly Known As The Mariners Cove Bay Club
800 Lunalilo Home Road, Honolulu, HI 96825
Contact information: Joe Barros (MCBC Manager) 395-1191 or 753-6063, email@example.com
The Mariners Cove Association (MCA) is comprised of all owners of homes in the Mariners Cove subdivision of Hawaii Kai. It owns and operates a recreational facility located at 800 Lunalilo Home Road, Honolulu, Hawaii 96825 (known as the “Club”) for the benefits of its members.
Pool: The swimming and wading pool located in the Pool Area, including all the equipment and facilities used to maintain and service the swimming pools.
Pool Area: The entire fenced area surrounding the pool, not including the MCBC Building.
MCBC Building: The non-residential building at 800 Lunalilo Home Road, including all furniture, fixtures, and facilities in or for the building.
MCBC Facilities: To include pool, pool area, and MCBC Building.
The MCBC Facilities are private and their use is therefore limited to Owners of MC property, owner-approved tenants, and their guests. Owners are responsible for the conduct of their tenants and guests. The following rules shall be enforced so that ALL may safely and enjoyably use the MCBC Facilities without undue negative impact upon surrounding neighbors.
All users of the MCBC facilities must comply with and agree to be bound by all of these rules and with any and all posted signs on site.
1. HOURS: Pool: Monday-Sunday 7am to 7pm. MCBC Building: Monday-Thursday 7am-9pm, Friday-Saturday 7am-10pm. Extended summer pool hours: Friday prior to Memorial Day through Labor Day, pool hours are Monday-Sunday 7am-8pm.
2. SECURITY: The exterior gate to the pool area must be kept locked at all times and care must be taken to ensure that gate is secure upon entering and exiting the pool area. All residents and guests using MCBC facilities must be accompanied by a resident who is in possession of a fob. The use of rocks, ropes, or any other device to hold or secure any of the gates in the open position’s is prohibited, except for limited time periods which may be permitted at the sole discretion of the MCBC Manager to allow for loading and unloading of supplies for parties or events. Climbing or jumping over any of the gates or fences which secure and surround the MCBC facilities is prohibited. The last guests to leave are responsible for double-checking the pool area security gate.
3. USAGE: Children under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an individual over 18 years of age. Parents and guardians are responsible for the conduct and safety of their children and are expected to utilize reasonable judgment and care to ensure that children in their charge do not wander into the pool area unaccompanied by an adult.
4. ATTIRE: Proper swim attire required. Babies/toddlers not yet toilet trained must wear swim diapers.
5. NOISE LEVELS: Boisterous and loud conduct and or profane language at MCBC facilities are not allowed. Earphones must be used if a radio is played in the pool area. Noise levels must be at a reasonable level, not disturbing a resident of reasonable sensibility as determined by the MCBC Manager and Board of Directors, and within the permissible limits established by the City and County of Honolulu. A violation of this may, but need not, result in one warning. Failure to cure said violation in a timely fashion, or a repeated violation, may result in a fine of $100. A fine may be assessed with or without a prior warning. Complainants should contact the Police immediately; a written complaint should be filed with the MCBC Manager.
6. HORSEPLAY: Running, pushing or shoving in the pool area is prohibited. Diving into the pool from tabletops, chairs or any pool furniture is also prohibited. A violation of this may, but need not, result in one warning. Failure to cure said violation in a timely fashion, or a repeated violation, may result in a fine of $100. A fine may be assessed with or without a prior warning.
7. GLASSWARE: Glassware bottles, ceramics, chinaware or other breakable items shall not be used in the pool area. Used paper plates paper cups etc. must be removed by the owner when leaving the pool area. No food or beverages are permitted in pool. A violation of this may, but need not, result in one warning. Failure to cure said violation in a timely fashion, or a repeated violation, may result in a fine of $100. A fine may be assessed with or without a prior warning.
8. GRILLS: Two Weber grills are available for member’s use. Bring your own charcoal and accessories. Please call 753-6063 to reserve use at least 24 hours in advance. Grills are stored and may not be accessible without 24 hours advanced notice. Leave charcoal in grill when done and it will be disposed of for you. All grills (personal and Weber grills on site) may be used in the grilling area only (the area with a table when you first enter through the main gate, facing the kitchen area).
9. POOL FURNITURE: Pool furniture shall not be abused, removed from the pool area or reserved. Personal, appropriate pool furniture may be used in the pool area. A violation of this may, but need not, result in one warning. Failure to cure said violation in a timely fashion, or a repeated violation, may result in a fine of $100. A fine may be assessed with or without a prior warning. If damage to pool furniture occurs, the resident and/or guest(s) are jointly and equally responsible for the cost of repairs and restoration.
10. PERSONAL BELONGINGS: Toys, towels, mats, bathing caps and other personal belongings must be removed by the resident when leaving the pool area. Please use the storage shelves to place loose items. A lost and found will be maintained at the MCBC Manager's office but there are no guarantees of recovering forgotten items.
11. EQUIPMENT: With adult supervision, soft boogie boards, inflatable pool toys, balls, snorkeling gear and other water toys (motorized included) are permitted as long as they do not restrict the use, safety or enjoyment of the pool by others. No scuba tanks/regulators or hard waterboards are allowed in the pool. No skateboards, bicycles, skates or other wheeled devices (except wheelchairs) are allowed in the pool area. A violation of this may, but need not, result in one warning. Failure to cure said violation in a timely fashion, or a repeated violation, may result in a fine of $100. A fine may be assessed with or without a prior warning.
12. PETS: Pets, except service dogs relied upon by handicapped persons, are not allowed in the pool or in the pool area. A violation of this may, but need not, result in one warning. Failure to cure said violation in a timely fashion, or a repeated violation, may result in a fine of $100. A fine may be assessed with or without a prior warning.
13. INTERFERENCE WITH POOL FACILITIES: Residents or their guests shall not damage or interfere in any manner with any portion of the lights, lighting equipment, electrical connections, pumps, filters, plumbing or monitoring devices, or other equipment used for the pool. Pool lifesaving equipment located on the exterior wall of the “pump house” near the pool shall be used only in case of emergencies. A violation of this may, but need not, result in one warning. A violation of this may, but need not, result in one warning. Failure to cure said violation in a timely fashion, or a repeated violation, may result in a fine of $100. A fine may be assessed with or without a prior warning.
14. HEALTH & SAFETY REQUIREMENTS: All persons afflicted with any disease accepted by the medical community as communicable through casual contact shall be excluded from using the pool. Spitting, spouting water, blowing the nose in the pools is strictly prohibited. MCBC personnel will endeavor to keep the pool chemistry at proper chlorine/pH standards at all times. A sign will be posted at the pool area entrance if there is a problem with the pool chemistry that may affect your safety and/or health. No smoking will be permitted within the pool or pool area. Reasonable alcohol consumption is permitted inside the pool area. Please use common sense.
15. NO LIFEGUARD ON DUTY: Residents and guests may use the swimming pool area with the understanding that there is no lifeguard on duty at any time.
16. USE OF FACILITY AGREEMENTS for parties and meetings are available on line at www.marinerscovebayclub.org or at the MCBC Manager’s Office.
17. LARGE GATHERINGS AT THE POOL If there are more than 10 individuals from one party meeting/gathering at the pool (but no formal rental agreement signed), please notify MCBC manager in advance.
18. COMMERCIAL ACTIVITIES: No commercial, political functions and or forums, fundraising and or profit-making activities are permitted unless specifically approved by the Board of Directors. Requests for waiver or reconsideration of this rule must be submitted to Hawaiian Properties, Property Manager, 1165 Bethel St. 2nd floor, Honolulu, Hawaii, 96813, at least 31 days in advance of the event.
19. Vendors. All vendors providing their services i.e. inflatable bounce houses; clowns, food caterers etc. must provide a Certificate of Liability insurance with a minimum of 1 million dollar coverage seven working days before the scheduled event. Check with the clubhouse manager if in doubt of the need to provide Certificate of Liability insurance.
20. VIOLATIONS: Witnessed violations of any of the above rules must be submitted in writing to the MCBC Manager and/or the Board of Directors c/o 800 Lunalilo Home Road, Honolulu, HI 96825. The Board of Directors will review signed correspondence at the following Board meeting. Please note that unsigned correspondence may/may not be reviewed. In addition to fines, individuals and families may have their pool and area rental privileges suspended and/or revoked for up to the following 12-month period for violations of the above rules.
Revised December 1, 2012
This is prohibited. The resident must sign the Use of Facility Agreement and must be present during the duration of the party.
Effective 10/23/12, parties are available daily except on Sundays in the main building.
Time slots are 9 a.m. - 2 p.m. and 4-9 p.m.. Pool hours are 7 a.m. - 7 p.m. unless changed by the approval of the Board of Directors.
Pool parties are restricted to no more than 10 persons. Notify Club House Manager in advance of pool party date.
Caution: You are at your own risk. There is No Life Guard On Duty!
Effective, 1/1/2013 75 people at a time may be present at your party. Additional tables and chairs are allowed on the front lawn or grass area around the main pool.
Effective 1/1/2013, each member is allowed 1 free reserved date for private Use of the Facility. Second private Use of the Facility thereafter will cost $100.00 Contact clubhouse manager for further details.
Yes, a $150.00 deposit is required. Contact clubhouse manager for details.