Present: President Jo An Kocher, VP Garret Pick, Treasurer Chris Worrall, Secretary Kristi Lundell, Laurie McCrary, Jeni Brians, Walt Johnson, Herb Wheatman, Ron McClair
Guests: Joe Barros, Jill Wheatman
Meeting called to order: 7:07pm by Jo Ann Kocher
Approval of the minutes from the Dec. 6, 2008 meeting: Motion by Walt Johnson to approve, seconded by Jeni Brians, and unanimously approved by all present.
Approval of the minutes from the Feb. 9, 2009 meeting: Motion by Jeni Brians to accept, seconded by Laurie McCrary, and unanimously approved by all present.
Approval of the minutes from the Annual Meeting on March 19, 2009:
Motion by Herb Wheatman to accept, seconded by Kristi Lundell, and unanimously agreed to by all present.
Approval of the Annual Meeting Resolution: Motion by Laurie McCrary, seconded by Jeni Brians, and unanimously agreed to by all present.
Manager’s Report: See attached
1. Reminder that the pool is now open until 8pm through Labor Day.
The condition of the boat dock and ramp were discussed. It was suggested that we wait until after dredging is complete before we make changes. In the end, longevity, stability, cost, good looks, must be covered. Joe Barros agreed to call for another estimate.
2. Board agreed to get another estimate on ceiling fans. Chris Worrall agreed to get an estimate for purchasing and installing two 60” fans.
Motion to approve Financials for Jan-April 2009 was made by Walt Johnson, seconded by Herb Wheatman, and unanimously agreed to by all present.
New Business: 1.Jill Wheatman is a Mariners Cove resident and agent for Insurance Factors. She felt, after first glance, that some of our rates may be too high, and some areas of coverage too low. Her recommendation is to get a new quote (renewal date is September 2009) from Insurance Factors. She would act as our agent, with a vested interest in saving us money. To allow her to get started on consultative work, Chris Worrall moved to allow Jill access to our insurance files, seconded by Laurie McCrary and unanimously agreed to by all present. Herb Wheatman, husband of Jill Wheatman, recused himself of the vote. Jo Ann Kocher will e-mail Victoria with the Board’s approval.
2. Walt discussed cleaning up area near boat storage and outside wall that needs cleaning up and possibly needs new landscaping or concrete. Herb Wheatman made a motion to prune/clean without completely destroying everything, seconded by Jeni Brians, and unanimously agreed to by all present.
3. Jo Ann wrote up Joe’s job description, will revise it and send it out via e-mail.
4. Motion to approve the audit proposal by Daniel Sullivan for one year was made by Herb Wheatman, seconded by Kristi Lundell, and unanimously agreed to by all present.
5. Reserve Analysis: Board discussed hiring a company to do a professional reserve analysis but opposed by all present. Chris Worrall to call Bill and discuss doing reserve analysis on our own.
Monday, August 17, 2009
Adjournment: There being no further business to discuss, a motion was made by Chris Worrall to adjourn the meeting, seconded by Herb Wheatman at 9:28pm.